It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Bible Study Guide plus Streaming Video: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered Spiral-Bound |
from Up to 30 ratings
It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Bible Study Guide plus Streaming Video: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
In this six-session video Bible study (streaming included), New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst offers a safe place to share your disappointments, fresh biblical insight to get you through painful situations, and life-giving perspectives for living between Eden and eternity.
Life often looks very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. At times like these, it's easy to feel disappointed and disillusioned and to wonder about the reality of God's goodness.
So what do you do when God's timing seems questionable, his lack of intervention hurtful, and his promises doubtful?
Lysa understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In this video Bible study, Lysa invites small groups and individuals into her own journey of faith. With vulnerability and honest humor, she helps us:
- Learn how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of remaining trustful when God seems to give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us for what's next.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
This study guide has everything you need for a full Bible study experience, including:
- The study guide itself--with group discussion prompts, activities, personal Bible study, video notes, and a leader's guide.
- An individual access code to stream all six video sessions online (DVD also available separately).
Sessions and video run times:
- The Birthplace of Disappointment (27:30)
- Living Between Two Gardens (18:00)
- Problems Placed on Us and Problems Within Us (18:00)
- The Four Steps of Restoration (15:00)
- When the Enemy Comes Against Us (16:00)
- Kingdom Minded, Eternally Focused (21:00)
Watch on any device!
Streaming video access code included. Access code subject to expiration after 12/31/2027. Code may be redeemed only by the recipient of this package. Code may not be transferred or sold separately from this package. Internet connection required. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Additional offer details inside.
Lysa TerKeurst is president and chief visionary officer of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the author of more than twenty-five books, including It's Not Supposed to Be This Way and the #1 New York Times bestsellers Forgiving What You Can't Forget and Uninvited. She writes from her family's farm table and lives in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com or on social media @LysaTerKeurst.